Welcome to Calmar Elementary School
New Student Registration is Processed Online
All new families are asked to register their child online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form is not available.
What is PowerSchool Registration?
PowerSchool Enrollment is our online enrolment system. PowerSchool Enrollment replaces annual paper registration packets, saving valuable time. The new system is a secure process that allows the Division to verify all student information for every child prior to the start of the new school year.
Don’t Own a Computer?
- All schools have a kiosk/Chromebook available for parents that do not have access to a computer or the internet.
- The PowerSchool Registration program is mobile friendly, meaning that you can use your smartphone to register!
Don’t Own a Scanner?
Bring your supporting documents into the school in order to ensure your registration is complete. Alternatively, there are free Apps that will allow you to scan your documents on the go from your mobile phone or tablet and export them as JPEG or multipage PDF files. Check a few of these out:
New Registrations for the 2020 – 2021 school year are now open.
If you are new to the Black Gold area and will be attending a BGRD school, please note the following procedures.
Families that are registering a NEW PRE-KINDERGARTEN, KINDERGARTEN or ELEMENTARY STUDENT should:
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration/InfoSnap (You will be redirected to the PowerSchool Registration website and you will need to create an account – this is not the same as a PowerSchool Parent Portal account).
Families that are registering a NEW JUNIOR or SENIOR HIGH STUDENT should contact their school to:
- Inquire if they need to set up a registration appointment prior to completing the online registration form
- Inquire what documentation they should bring to the appointment (i.e. most recent report card, high school transcript, a progress report of each course if registering more than one month into school).
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration Enrollment.
Required Documentation Checklist for All Grades
- Birth Certificate
- Verification of residency: document showing parent name and local address.
Legal documentation is required for the following:
- Parental Custody Agreement if restrictions on access
- Guardianship letter if parents live in Alberta – contact school for more information
Legal Guardianship must be applied for through the Alberta Government if parents live outside Alberta – contact school for more information.