Welcome to Calmar Elementary School
2017 – 2018 New Student Registration will be Processed Online
All new families will be asked to register their child online via InfoSnap/PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
What is InfoSnap/PowerSchool?
InfoSnap/PowerSchool is our new online enrolment system. InfoSnap will replace our annual paper registration packets, saving valuable time. The new system is a secure process that will allow the Division to verify all student information for every child prior to the start of the new school year.
Don’t Own a Computer?
- All schools will have a kiosk/chromebook available for parents that do not have access to a computer or the internet.
- The InfoSnap/PowerSchool program is also mobile friendly, meaning that you can use your smartphone to register!
Don’t Own a Scanner?
Bring your supporting documents into the school in order to ensure your registration is complete. Alternatively, there are free Apps that will allow you to scan your documents on the go from your mobile phone or tablet and export them as JPEG or multipage PDF files. Check a few of these out:
New Registrations – Now Open for All Grades
If you are new to the BGRS area and will be attending a BGRD school, please note the following procedures.
Families that are registering a NEW PRE-KINDERGARTEN, KINDERGARTEN or ELEMENTARY STUDENT should:
Families that are registering a NEW JUNIOR or SENIOR HIGH STUDENT should contact their school to:
- Inquire if they need to set up a registration appointment prior to completing the online registration form
- Inquire what documentation they should bring to the appointment (i.e. most recent report card, high school transcript, a progress report of each course if registering more than one month into school).
- Register online via InfoSnap
Required Documentation Checklist for All Grades
- Birth Certificate
- Verification of residency: document showing parent name and local address.
Legal documentation is required for the following:
- Parental Custody Agreement if restrictions on access
- Guardianship letter if parents live in Alberta – contact school for more information
Legal Guardianship must be applied for through the Alberta Government if parents live outside Alberta – contact school for more information.
Returning Students or Change of Black Gold Regional School
Students who attended a Black Gold Regional School in 2016-2017 and are returning to a Black Gold Regional School should not complete a new student registration form. Instead, families will be prompted by their school to complete a returning student questionnaire.
School Entrance Age
Pre-Kindergarten programs are for children who are eligible for: Program Unit Funding, Mild/Moderate funding, English as a Second Language funding, or without special needs. Children must be 4 before March 1st of their Pre-Kindergarten year.
Children may begin Kindergarten in a school within the Division in September if they are five (5) years of age by the end of the following February. An exception is allowed in cases where special learning needs have been identified and an earlier entrance into Kindergarten is desirable.
Children may begin Grade 1 in September if they are six (6) years of age by the end of the following February.